Empowering communities locally and globally to build special needs programs.
Where We Work
- Offerings is located in Marin County, in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Are. The County Office of Education in San Rafael provides a state of the art conference center for workshops and events.
- Offerings began working on the island of Java in 2011 with special needs centers. Our Executive Director returned in the summer of 2015, hosted by the Autism Society of Indonesia, and offered workshops for families and professionals on designing programs and curriculums.
- Offerings is also working on the island of Bali. During the summer of 2015 Offerings helped centers think about the Wellness of their special needs teams and held discussions focused on helping families address the needs of the typical sibling living in a family with special needs children.
- Offerings hopes to continue working in other developing countries where cultures are open to working collaboratively to understand best practices for children, teens, and adults with special needs.
- During the summer of 2016 Offerings worked with the administrators of non-governmental organizations supporting children and adults with special needs by holding a workshop on fundraising. It also provided workshops for Occupational Therapists and Speech Therapists on the island. Other workshops were provided on Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and Downs Syndrome. Offerings also brought together the special needs community and general community through a one-day soccer skills development day.